I'm very excited to introduce "Tessaboo Vintage for TOTS!" Now also selling vintage baby, toddler, and kids clothes in my etsy shop!
And this last item's model gets a special shout out...
Thanks to Stacy, my best friend, for wonderfully modeling the vintage swimsuit above! She's moving to Italy and getting married, I don't know what I'll do without her. We had one of our last lunch dates together for a while the other day and got a little wild. Stac, consider this my "internet ciao" to you, my "real life ciao" will probably involve a lot more tears and snot.
I always bring my camera with me thrifting because I see the funniest things, and if I don't at least photo document them I'll end up buying them and that could get me into a lot of trouble!
For instance..Holy huge stuffed Bambi at the thrift store! This thing was seriously so big!
Bought these brass horse head bookends at the barn sale I went to with Libby and Megan:
(sorry for the poor photo quality, my flash is broken and it's quite gloomy out today)
They look great with my other horse head bookend that I found at a good will:
And check out this little lady I also picked up at the barn sale:
I feel like the week goes by faster when you have a blog.. who's with me?
So..I have this problem. Well, I have a lot of "problems" when it comes to thrifting, but today I'll talk specifically about my "men's plaid shirts problem". I am addicted to buying men's huge plaid button ups and then never wearing them. I like plaid, a lot. I'd say 80% of the reason I'm stoked for fall is because I plan on showering my self in plaid (the other 20% of stokedness belongs to pumpkin scones at the SB..woot). As I'm walking down the plaid shirt aisle I eyeball my fav plaids and think "this will totally fit me if I put a cute belt on" and then I get home and I am swimming in said plaid shirt even with said cute belt on. Yesterday I was sifting through all of my etsy bins and I found a stack of "way too big" plaid shirts, I decided then and there that I was going to crop those suckers!
Totally fun and simple DIY. I think I read a Glamourai post a while back where she'd gotten really into cropping old summer blouses, alas making them new again! Since then, the idea has been stuck in my head.
I hand sewed the rough edges, partially because I like the "embroidery style" look of the hem but also because my sewing machine is living at my parents house right now. I sewed half of the hem with red thread and half with navy blue.
I have a feeling these plaid crop tops will be a staple of my wardrobe for fall paired with high waisted skirts and tights. Can't wait! See more photos at my flickr.
OH! Speaking of fall. Have you seen Geronimo's fall collection? So lovely!
I can't really let Polaroid break my bank anymore.. I'd like this, the next best option:
Old photos of my sisters:
Old photos of my parents:
Oh! And here's one of me eating a stick! I'm sincerely so glad I have parents who allowed me to keep chewing on a stick just to be able to capture this moment on film. Note: I wasn't a "pierced ears baby", that's just a scratch on the photo.
Yay! I'm trying something new! Every Friday I'm going to start posting my top 10 vintage finds on Etsy that are under 20 bucks! When it comes to clothes and accessories, I consider myself a MAJOR bargain shopper (I wish I could say the same when it comes to food and drink). As much as I really do love sifting through thrift stores on an almost daily basis, I also love me some online shopping therapy every once in a while. It's nice to know that there still are places online where you can find super cute stuff for a super cute price! And so it begins: